Ivan Israelstam presents the following Johannesburg Seminar:
This new labour law update dealing with retrenchments and section 197 transfers includes:
- Recent case law
- Statutory changes
- Retrenchment Code of Good Practice and
- Tips for balancing legal compliance with practical management of your operational requirements.
The seminar covers case law and statutory changes and dangers on:
- Substantive fairness requirements when retrenching
- Required retrenchment procedure
- Restructuring and retrenchment
- Good faith consultation
- Section 197 takeovers, outsourcing and retrenchments
- Section 187(1)(g) dismissals implemented due to going concern transfers
- Creative ways of avoiding retrenchments and retrenchment litigation
PRESENTER: Ivan Israelstam, CEO of Labour Law Management Consulting has over 15 years’
experience as a litigator at CCMA and 4 years as a CCMA Commissioner. He writes
numerous labour law columns in major publications and is the author of labour law books.
Ivan chairs SACCI’s Labour Relations committee and gives conference, seminar, radio and
TV talks. He is featured in the book WHO’S WHO IN SOUTHERN AFRICA.
DATE & TIME: Friday, 1 September 2017 (Registration 8:45 Close 16:30 latest)
|VENUE: Sunnyside Park Hotel
Corner of Princess of Wales Terrace & Carse O’Gowrie Drive
INVESTMENT: R2508,00 (including VAT) per person (Less 10% for 3 or more bookings). This includes a working manual, meals, an attendance certificate & parking.
|www.labourlawadvice.co.za email@example.com Tel: 0845217492|